Thursday, September 30, 2010

Dark Autumn preparations

I love decorating for Halloween!!  It's my favorite holiday of the year.  So many themes to choose from and lots of imagination!

One thing I like to use in my decor are leaves.  However black faux leaves are really expensive and they're fairly poor quality in terms of density/# of leaves on the garland. 

This year I wanted to use them at the base of my decorations.  I had this one from last year but needed several more.


So I went to my M's craft store and bought four of these all on sale at $9.99 ea.  They're full and thick, however they're much too pretty and bright.  I need moody and a little decayed.



Spray paint to the rescue, one can of black and voila!  Dark and mysterious, just like I wanted. 



The fabric leaves really soak up the paint, I used one can per two garlands.  If you wanted a solid black they would need another coat.  I liked the varigation showing through so left them as shown.

Before/After

These will show up soon in one of my vignettes.  Only 31 days to Halloween!!

1 comment:

  1. looks great, i love the dimension of what you did. doesn't look just solid black. great job!

    www.thecapeonthecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...